ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:01:35 -0500
Hi guys,
        Well, it has been a while so I thought that an update was probably just
about due.  Actually, life has been okay.  Greg just took off with Chris
for a visit with the probation officer.  I think that he will probably be
in court eventually, but at least he is fairly calm right now.  I give
thanks for that.  From what we have been able to tell, from his writing and
his phone calls, he has been clean and sober pretty much.  I think that he
has had some pot, but the cocaine that he bought over Christmas vacation
was something other than cocaine.  Who knows, he probably paid $40 for a
teaspoon of baking soda or something.  He reported to his friends that
there was no affect.  I just say, "go God!"
        I guess that he mentioned to a coe-worker that he would like to check out
the coe-workers church, so, who knows, he may be attending church this
Sunday.  If it is the one that we think it is, it should be okay.  Also,
his older brother and some other friends on line have been letting him know
how stupid it is to do drugs.  He likes the high, but he seems to indicate
that drugs are pretty stupid.  I don't know, I hope all this behind the
scenes stuff on our part pays off eventually.  I guess that  the names that
we turned in to the police last week resulted in a bunch of searches, but,
of course, we'll probably never know what was found.  If wee get any more
names, you bet we'll hand them over.
        I'm still praying that he will end up going down to Connecticut to a
residential program there, but with it being out of state, it is still
being held as a last resort.  The courts have ordered  in home, family
counselling, once a week for now.  Of course, this guy isn't a Christian,
but we have to at least give it a try, so, we'll see.
         I get tired in the afternoon and I get lots of headaches, but I just have
to keep going.  It's just the stress, I know that, but things still have to
get done.  My writing is suffering the most for now, and staying connected
to you guys.  Sorry that I've been so quiet lately.  I read everything, but
I don't post much.  Actually, Eudora still isn't quite comfortable for me,
but my frustration level is so low at present that I'm not pushing myself
to master it for now.  You guys are just so patient!  Thank you.
        As far as our older son Matt, please pray for him too.  He's having a
review by Calvin tomorrow to see if he should continue there.  He did not
do as well academically as Calvin would like to see and he faces the real
possibility of dismissal.  It's a pretty tough school on that
score.  Academically, Matt can do the work.  He just needs to manage his
time better and respect deadlines more.  We gave him a palm pilot for
Christmas.  That helped Greg so much in getting his life together and we're
pretty sure that it will help Matt too.  I don't think that I could handle
having Matt come home.  I know, that sounds crazy when I miss him so much,
but he needs to be out.
        This list is so quiet lately.  I hope that everybody is okay.  I know that
Phil and I  are  in the same boat as far as football is
concerned.  Sometimes life is rough.  Oh well, there's always next year.
God bless,
Love,
Kathy