ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2005 19:50:44 -0600
I wasn't raised on the old hymns because I was raised Catholic.  But, after
I was saved in the early '70s, I was fortunate in that the Baptist churches
I was in still sang those old hymns.  The Lord soon gave me a love for the
old hymns.  The writers of old knew the Scriptures and how to meditate upon
them.

earlier, Vicki and The Rors, wrote:
>Kathy and Carla,
>
>It was an eye opener to me to realize how many of the youngsters don't know
>what hymns are and don't like them.  They don't like them because they have
>never been taught.  Same goes for Scripture memory, like memory verses, etc.
>
>Vicki

John

   The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train