ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:34:38 -0500
I am afraid nothing will be done, my Dad  knows of her drug problem, and
while it isn't his fault she takes them, he enables it, a sort of
codependence! he is in a hard place now, and I pray for God to give him
strength to do what is right, not what is the easiest, or what makes others
happy, but what is the right and best thing to do for someone he loves!
My Dad is a lot like me, a peace keeper, and if I have learned one thing...
it's that Peace keepers aren't blessed, or happy, the price to keep the
peace is too high, and you only end up with what I have termed "counterfeit
peace" it looks   real kind, feels like the real kind, but... just like
counterfeit money it will not work when you need it too.
I like the verse in Mathew that says "blessed are the peacemakers for they
shall be called children of God" not being a Bible or theology scholar, I
look at what it doesn't say, it doesn't say, blessed are those who keep the
peace, but blessed are the peace makers,  to me that says that there isn't
any peace, or at least not the real kind, so some real peace must be found,
or made,  a maker,  so if there aren't any cookies and I make some I am a
cookie maker, so then... the question comes up How does One make Peace, I
believe the first and most important ingredient is truth, with out it, there
will never be any real peace,
anyone want to add to the Peace recipe?

Wars are hard and they eventually end in some sort of peace agreement! our
peace with God didn't come at a cheap price either.

The truth will set you free, but sometimes it takes time!

Rhonda