C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 05:33:16 -0500
I would've said, "Who you callin' shaky?" and then left without
buying anything.  I'd then have written the manager suggesting he
provide diversity or sensitivity training for his employees.  It
certainly wouldn't hurt from a customer-service standpoint!

I had an unpleasant experience several years ago at a local "big box"
bookstore.  An old friend and I were ending up a very pleasant
afternoon and I was up at the cash register to pay for some books I
was buying.  I gave the clerk my credit card to swipe, and the young
man gave my friend the receipt to sign!  My friend was incensed - he
gave the piece of paper and pen back to the clerk with a chilly "I am
not the customer - she is!" and left the clerk red-faced and
stammering an apology.  I signed the receipt in a hurry, only wanting
to get out of there but I recall I wasn't my usual cheerful self,
either.  I have never gone back to that store again, and I wrote a
letter to the manager explaining why they lost a customer.

Kat