C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:05:10 -0500
I don't know about that Linda, I was in Kansas City for three years, getting
my graduate degree, and was interested in getting a 35mm auto-focus SLR
camera.  For those who don't know, SLR's were manually focused up until 1985
when Minolta came out with their line of Maxxum Cameras.   I was interested
in getting one of their cameras, so I went to Dolgins, a store like Target
in Kansas City, to look at one. I ended up putting one on layaway, and
paying a third down.  When I went back to pay the remaining 2 thirds of the
layaway, the clerk told me the camera was mine, free and clear.  The person
behind me in line had paid up the bill for me.  That was a $600 camera, and
to this day I don't know who my benefactor was.  Do you think I felt
offended?   I felt grateful.

You can tell Case to decline money, as I do now, but older people come from
a time where if people had anything to share, they shared it with those who
were less fortunate.  People are funny, thoough.  I'm not sure what the
woman would've done had he declined the dollar graciously.