C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:19:57 -0400
Hi Kat,

  No thank you for your ideas. As a professor I get involved with my students, and when I had an autustic student - age 19, I did talk with mother - when she dropped him off one day. I wanted to do the best for him and I needed extra imput from an expert so to speak. If my adult students are having problems I am glad to help them - divorces, deaths, and catastrophic illness happen, and people need help even if just talking about it. This reflects in their grades, etc.

I am glad Alex's teachers wants her to see a specilaist - its her voice teacher. I just wanted her to know what the real problem is - she was thinking acid reflux - a fairly easy thing to control with meds, but a totally different problem.

I recently read an article about older teens needing foster parents because you don't just quit needing parents the day you turn 18. I think most parents out here realize that, but we walk a fine line. Alex knew I was going to talk to the teacher - but not necessailly what I was going to say.

                                    Trisha