C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:12:51 -0500
Just ignore him; he's not your boss and it's your job to make your boss
look good.  Since it's not him, you don't need to tell him anything.

I was in a similar situation with a woman I worked with for almost 15
years = she was really rude to me and would heave a put-upon sigh whenever
I asked her to repeat something I'd not understood.  After years of
reacting to her, I finally decided to ignore her and not react to her
rudeness and it was actually a relief.

I did get my 'revenge' though, when I was promoted and she's still a
clerk. ;)  She doesn't report to me, thank goodness.

Kat

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:52:58 EDT, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Most of you know I work at a Library for the Blind and Physically
>Handicapped.  It has other names per each state like Talking Books
Library.  I'm a
>shipping clerk and that is basically I'm one of those who  physically
handles the
>talking books and braille volumes that are sent out to  you and processes
>those that are returned.
>
>The problem I have is one person who is able bodied flies through the
work
>quota in a quarter of the time it takes me to finish the same amount of
work.
>He is saying that I'm moving too slow and I shouldn't do anything  extra.
>I'm usually given 4 or 5 things to do no one else wants to do or  can't
figure
>out how to do them without complaining.  When I walk through  that door,
I'm
>there for the job.  I put effort in what I do.  My  supervisors never had
>problem in what I do.
>
>I've been at full time for almost a year and now my arm is starting to
hurt.
>  I move a little slower so I don't aggravate my arm.  This  person who
is
>complaining about my speed is one of those who has no moral  substance or
>compassion.  You know the type who will drive around a person  in a
wheelchair
>crossing the street and say "Get out of my way!"  with a  bad attitude
about it.
>There is much worse with profanity too.
>
>My boss gave me an opportunity to work in this department.  She is the
only
>one who hired the most disabled employees in the Cleveland library
system.
>If she didn't hire me, I would never got as far as I have or  met all of
you
>online.  I would've been still on SSI and in a one bedroom  apartment.
>
>How would you handle a moron(stronger word intended) like this one?
Those