From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:55:24 -0800
I'm not sure what you mean by micro node.  There are nodes and reflecters.
Nodes, such as you and I have can connect to each other, and that is all.
If any one else tries to connect to either one of us they'll get a busy
signal.  Now, let us say I'm on the reflecter that we've often discussed
on this list 9212.   Reflecgters allow many nodes to connect through them
so every other node on the reflecter channel I'm on hears me talk and I
can hear all others.  If you tried to call 3148, you might get a message
that says something like "the node you are calling is currently connected
to reflecter 9212"   You could than connect to that reflecter and give me
a call there.  If we wanted a private conversation, we could dis connect
and do a dirrect connection.  Think this is perhaps what you're referring
to.  I gave you a call a bit ago on your node.  Wlill try again later this
evening.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr