From:
Eric Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:33:27 -0800
Hi all, I am a new member on this list and have a question about VHF
equipment.  My name is Eric Patterson and my call is kb7vfr.  I have been an
amateur radio operator since 1993.
        Currently, I have an old FT-470 portable radio, whose battery does not
maintain a charge anymore.  I am looking at getting a new VHF/UHF radio.
Here are the options I am considering:
1.  getting a portable such as the Icom IC-t90 or Kenwood TH-f6a.
2.  getting a mobile unit like the Kenwood Tm-g707.  The advantage to going
this route is that it might allow me to install a voice synthesizer for
checking the frequency.  However, because I have no useable vision, I would
have trouble hooking up the power supply.  Please send recommendations on
accessible mobile or portable VHF radios and instructions for hooking up
power supplies.  Thanks in advance.

Eric Patterson