Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Darrell Shandrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:13:33 -0700
Hi John,

I know we're not the majority.  That's not the point.  I still need as much
true accessibility as I can get in order to maximize my ability to
participate in society.  I don't now and never will accept the "we don't
count" argument, especially when that comes from other blind people.  This
"we don't count" argument could be used to justify horrific attrocities
against us if we were to allow it to rule our actions.

Submission of copyrighted materials to Bookshare is not by any means
illegal.  There is an exception in the copyright laws that allows us to do
this without first obtaining permission from authors or publishers.  You
should seriously browse on over to http://www.bookshare.org and see for
yourself all that they have to offer.

I am secure in my reputation.  Advocating for greater accessibility, for
what is right over that which is wrong, is not going to hurt my reputation
one bit.  The more accessibility we have, the more we will be able to
participate.  We can't even fathom all that we miss due to inaccessibility.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with insisting and even sometimes
demanding, if necessary, more accessibility.

73