From:
Kelli Schulenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelli Schulenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:45:37 -0500

Hi, listmates!

I have a question that I don't know if it's necessarily related to CD, but I was hoping for some answers.

After I eat lunch, I tend to get very sleepy, my tummy feels achy, and I just don't feel very good.  It's almost like I've had a reaction to something I've eaten, even though everything is always GF.  I know most of us get sleepy after we eat lunch, because we're supposed to have an afternoon nap, but is it more common with Celiacs?  Do we need to eat more protein for lunch, more carbs?  I only feel this way after lunch.  I feel great after breakfast and supper.  For lunch, I eat everything from a GF sandwich, to salad, to protein bars, etc., and no matter what I eat, I still feel the energy drain from my body.

I work in an office and I try to walk around when I get sleepy, lift some light free weights I brought with me from home, etc., and I still feel sleepy and my stomach still upset.

Is there something wrong or is it just having the mid-afternoon tiredness?

Thanks,

Kelli
Bar Nunn, WY

PeoplePC Online