Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:26:52 -0800

I am newly diagnosed 4/04, totally committed to gluten free living, also
intolerant of corn, onions which I have eliminated too.  I believe that I
may be having a reaction to my gluten free multivitamin, particularly
nicacin in it in the form of niacinamide, and I recall someone mentioned
this before on the listserv and I can't find it.  I have been off all
vitamins for 6 weeks to see if this is the case.  However, this morning I
noticed way more ecchymotic (black and blue spots) marks on my body that
shouldn't be which I think is due to no supplements of E and C (cell
permeability).  I do eat 5-8 vege fruit servings but evidently I need more.
Can anyone suggest what I must supplement myself with without taking the
multivit with the niacinamide.  I am convinced I cannot tolerate
nicacinamide.  Any suggestions how I can get more niacin in my diet
naturally and how to stop the ecchymosis.  My current bloodwork suggests my
iron, hemoglobin and hematocrit are well within normal limits.  I have put
on some weight so I am absorbing some things.  I am 54 yr female, way past
menopause.  I have had black and blue spots all my life on and off.  Any
suggestions?  Other than this I feel well, have energy.  Thanks, Dorina,
near Galveston, TX  [log in to unmask]