From:
Lori Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:38:53 EST

         I received about 40 responses to my question. Pretty much everyone
said to go on the GF diet & see how I feel & let that be the dx. Most everyone
said that 3 biopsies were not enough to rule out Celiac, most said that it
should of been anywhere from 12-20. Over half the responses said that yes it was
possible to have a neg ttg & neg biopsy (due to the lab that was used).
         The IGE anti-bodies are a true allergic reaction to wheat or other
things.  I will find out more about that tomorrow when I go back.
     After I posted this I called the Dr (Vanderbilt ASAP clinic) back on Wed
just to be sure why I should avoid Gluten & not just Wheat. The reason he
wants me to do the GF diet is because of the symptoms I have (loose stools,
muscle weekness, dizziness, knee pain, weigh loss, constant stomache, etc..)  &
testing postive for the anti-gliadin IGG & IGA. His opinion was that the Wheat
Allergy was not causing all the other symptoms that I was having. That I have
several things going on & it would be a start of trying to figure it out.  He
also wants me to do a perservative free diet  for 2weeks & then have the
challenge done.
   After dsicussing this with family over the weekend, I have decided that I
will try the GF diet & see if things improve. My family thought that I had
nothing to lose by trying it & everything to gain. They know that I have been
going crazy with all the different things that they have tested me for.
  Thank-you for all the letters & support that I received. I will let you
know if things are in better in a few weeks. Not sure about all the issues that I
will have to deal with but, I know where to find the answers.
Sorry this was so long.
Lori