Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:13:36 EDT

thanks so much for your input. here's the gist of it, and i will definitely
follow your advice. by the way i will also be bringing with me a bunch of
laminated cards for restaurants as was earlier suggested.thanks, marlene

 I would just bring enough stuff in your carry on for a couple of  days.  We
were in Como, Milan, Umbria for a week (near Todi), Rome, Lucca  and Venice.
In ALL of those places, even in very little walled towns like Todi, you  will
find a Farmacia on almost every street.  Look for the lit up green  cross.
(like red cross but green)  Most of them had an unbelievable  supply of foods
without gluten.  "Cibi senza glutine"  They carry  mostly Dr. Schar and
Bi-Aglut.  We bought Dr. Schar baguettes, cakes,  cookies and Bi Aglut things as
well.  We were so excited at the  selection!  One Farmacia even had a separate
freezer case with pizzas and  ice cream cones and all kinds of other things.

I would suggest you try the Italy National Association

Their email  is - [log in to unmask]
They have two website  addresses
http://www.nettuno.it/fiera/aic
_http://www.nettuno.it/fiera/aid/segreter.htm_
(http://www.nettuno.it/fiera/aid/segreter.htm)

An abundance of Gluten-free products is available in the "Pharmacias" in
Italy. Not in the supermarkets.

The best way to find healfood stores locations in Europe is to go to  the
Schar website:  _http://www.schaer.com/_ (http://www.schaer.com/)   and look at
the  stores that sell their products