VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:37:15 -0500

http://www.audioblog.com/playweb?player=2&audioid=Pf8af5d43dc2dce27c993eaa48f4e6685ZV56QlREYmJy&buffer=5&autoplay=1&fcolor=CCFF33&bcolor=FFFFFF&size=20

http://www.accesstechnologyinstitute.com

 > The public beta process has begun for Window-Eyes version 5.0.  This
 > version promises improved access to Microsoft Word, access to the popular
 > web browser Mozilla, a better color dictionary and a more sensible laptop
 > keyboard layout, anong other improvements.  For information or to try it:
 > http://www.gwmicro.com/index.php?showStory=11.  For an audio demonstration
 > conducted by one of the testers, on For the People:
 > http://gwmicro.com/audio/a-d-11-28-04.mp3
 >
 > the November, 2004 issue of AccessWorld contains a review of the two
 > systems seeking to make mobile phones accessible to the blind:
 > http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw050604
 >
 > Users of the Pac Mate can now benefit from scripts designed to make the
AIM
 > instant messaging client more accessible.  Get the scripts at
 > http://www.pacmategear.com/files/scripts/AimScripts.zip.  Scripts are also
 > available for the Olive Tree Bible program, at
 > http://www.pacmategear.com/files/scripts/OliveTreeScriptsV10.zip
 >
 > A series entitled Talking Turkey about Household Appliances and Consumer
 > Electronics begins in the December issue of the Braille Monitor with a
 > discussion of the pitfalls of buying usable stoves and ovens:
 > http://www.nfb.org/bm/bm04/bm0412/bm041205.htm.  The same issue contains a
 > discussion of accessible to Microsoft products by Curtis Chong:
 > http://www.nfb.org/bm/bm04/bm0412/bm041206.htm
 >
 > Moving Mountains Technology is making their easy-to-use Diary 2005
 > available for free download at http://www.moving-mountains.com/
 >
 > A talking dictionary is available from the UK for the cost of shipping:
 > http://www.rwfts.com/
 >
 > The makers of the Freedom Box have released a public beta of System
Access,

http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=30&MMN_position=41:29

http://www.dealram.com/