From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 12:42:23 -0700
Hi Kathleen,

I had 24 allergies and am down to 16 now. I am not sure that paleo in itself will help to reduce it but rather a combination of things. Food allergies and intolerances are typically associated with leaky gut. Avoiding the foods you are allergic to, as well as other things such as medications, pesticides, smoking, birth control pill, and more will all help to heal the leaky gut and therefore eliminate or reduce the foods you react to. You can read more about leaky gut on line - just do a search on it.

As far as eggs are concerned, that is one intolerance I have not been able to get rid of although I avoided them strictly for more than 4 months. However, often times intolerances are also associated with metal (esp. mercury) toxicity which I have. My doctor is hopefull that my lactose and egg intolerances will go away once all the metals are out of my body. I miss eggs too by the way.

So I think paleo will help if you stick to hormone free, antiobiotic free, and organic foods. Rotation is important because you want to avoid becoming intolerant to more foods. It seemed difficult to me at first also, but it is getting easier now. However, I 'only' reacted to 24 foods not 45 and some of those I did not eat anyhow such as beans.

If you have questions feel free to email me off-list.

Kristina

Kathleen Theisen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello list members,

Do food allergies improve or disappear when a person adheres to a
strict paleo diet? I used to eat LOTS of eggs (whites only) on a
daily basis and really miss it since being diagnosed with a pretty
severe allergy to egg whites. I also have multiple food allergies in
addition to this (such as gluten intolerance/celiac, black pepper, rye,
melons, yams, lots of veggies and fruits, and 45 other foods), but am
hoping that if I stay
on a strict paleo diet, all of these allergies will go away. I was
thinking
about using with a 4-day rotation diet, but it takes so much planning
to do a 4-day paleo rotation while still avoiding all allergic foods.
Any experience with this?

Thanks so much!
Kathleen