From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:46:24 -0800
Sorry this response is late, but I'm just catching up.

I have a different rate and location of plaque formation depending on my diet.  When I eat a
higher carb diet, I don't form plaque as fast, but I develop more of it below the gumline where
it does damage and causes periodontal disease.  When I eat LC/paleo, I form more plaque,
but almost all of it is above the gumline, which leaves me with healthier gums.

Over the years, my hygienist and I have tracked this phenomenon, and it is reproducible.
She said she'd much rather I stick to the diet that gives me more plaque but less gum disease
as long as I'm willing to come in regularly for teeth cleaning.

Lisa in Alaska