ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:29:37 -0700
Keith,

Thanks for all of your good thoughts here.  Much to digest.  Ah!  Good food
is worth digesting.

I appreciate your look at the church being "family."  And that we are.
Sometimes it's good to act like it and sometimes not, depending on the
family example we are following.

Much wrong about the church, and it's easy to become critical.  Like your
reference to jaded.  Had no idea that was a UK book.  But much is right with
it, even if you look at it as an institution.  In being critical of it, we
have to include ourselves as part of the church.  In other words, looking to
our own lives, each individually, and our ways before the Lord, should be
part of our criticism.  I think that the world sometimes treats their own
kinder than Christians treat their own.  But that's for another e-mail.
Remembering some years when there was no question that I was living in the
world, you could meet people with like mind about something, spend the
evening either commiserating together with a group of friends or having a
good time as a group of friends.  Often simple friendship and acceptance is
missing from many of our churches.

Yes, remembering that we are all the church, Christ's body, should make a
difference on how we respect, view and treat one another.

Sometimes it, though not advocated by any of us, does take opposition and
perhaps persecution to put growth on the fast track for the body of Christ.

Vicki