C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 00:14:02 -0400
Ken wrote:
<<since we are politicing, i noticed with intrest that john kerry made a
statement that he believed life started at conception and not a peep from
NOW..>>

Some of you might remember that I'm very politically active and very
involved in the women's rights movement, so this is something that I've been
following closely.  It's true that Kerry said that.  However, in the same
interview, he also said: ""I can't take my Catholic belief, my article of
faith, and legislate it on a Protestant or a Jew or an atheist.  We have
separation of church and state in the United States of America."  As a
pro-choice voter, I have absolutely no problem with his position.  He can
believe whatever he wants about the morality of abortion, as long as he
doesn't try to impose his moral beliefs on my body.  I believe that NOW and
the other women's rights groups feel the same way.  After all, we're
pro-CHOICE, not pro-abortion.

~Joy~