AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Yared <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:29:20 -0500
I'm just the messenger.
Mike Yared

An International Symposium
June 27-30, 2005
http://www.rit.edu/~techsym
(Adobe Acrobat PDF file of this message:
http://www.rit.edu/~techsym/CFP_9-20-04.pdf )
January 31, 2005
Mark Your Calendars.  Please mark your calendars to come to NTID next
June to attend the 2005 Instructional Technology and Education of the
Deaf International Symposium!  Plans are well underway for a very
exciting conference.  We look forward to capitalizing on the positive
momentum established by Symposia 2001 and 2003!  A Symposium 2005 flyer and
description can be found at:
http://www.rit.edu/~techsym/FactSheet_2005.pdf

We want to make sure as many people as possible are aware of this
opportunity.  Please share this email with colleagues who may be
interested in attending the symposium.  Individuals who wish to receive
occasional email updates regarding the symposium can complete the "Send Me
Information" form on the Symposium web site
(http://www.rit.edu/~techsym/form.html)

We presented a paper at the April 2004 PEPNet conference that describes the
successes of the 2003 Symposium and outlines our plans for the 2005
Symposium.  You can review the materials from this paper from an Adobe
Acrobat PDF file posted on the WWW.
(http://www.pen.ntid.rit.edu/ewc/pepnet/techsymres.pdf).

Call for Papers Available and Proposal Forms Available.  Our analysis of the
2003 Symposium (http://www.rit.edu/~techsym/2003/SymposiumReport_2003.pdf)
reveals
attendees found presentations and posters sessions to be relevant to
their work and to be of extremely high quality.  We are hoping to
continue to attract presentation proposals that reflect the best in
current practice and research.  Consider sharing your successes and
challenges with an international gathering of your colleagues!  Review
the details of the Call for papers
(http://www.rit.edu/~techsym/papers.html).  Contact our office if you
have any questions.  The deadline for presentation proposals is February 4,
2005.
Literacy in the English Classroom and Beyond, English Think Tank (4th
Meeting) is scheduled for June 23-25, 2005.   NTID will be hosting this
conference to disseminate information on innovative and best practices for
helping deaf students, middle school through postsecondary, attain English
literacy. It will provide a forum for practitioners to present papers on
instructional practice as well as research.  This English conference will
occur immediately before the Instructional Technology Symposium.  A trip to
Rochester will now be doubly beneficial!  For more information go to the
conference web sit at: http://www.rit.edu/~thnktank
In addition to the Instructional Technology Symposium and the English
Think Tank look for one more exciting professional development
opportunity to occur during Symposium week in June 2005.  We will keep
you posted.
Please contact me if you have any questions or suggestions about the
June 2005 Symposium.
Regards,
Bill Clymer
E. William Clymer, Symposium Chair
Coordinator, Postsecondary Education Network International
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
52 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
(585) 475-6894 (V/TTY)  -6544 (Fax)
PEN-International: http://www.pen.ntid.rit.edu
<http://www.pen.ntid.rit.edu/>
Technology Symposium: http://www.rit.edu/~techsym

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<