AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:48:40 -0800
The most valuable asset that a library can have in supporting consumers
with disabilities is not some piece of state-of-the-art technology but a
skilled, knowledgeable and supportive librarian.

EASI: Equal Access to Software and Information recognizes that our focus is
really not technology but is using technology to empower people.  We are
all about people, and we want to help librarians who are concerned to
support their consumers with disabilities.

January 10 is the starting date for our month-long, online course, Train
the Trainer, which gives simple, non-technical training for librarians and
other support staff who provide support for users with disabilities.  It
has 2 goals:
1 introducing these staff to the basics of special adaptive computer
technology that helps empower and give independence to consumers with
disabilities
and
2 introducing these staff to simple tips and suggestions on how best to
assist these consumers.

This online course runs for 4 weeks covering 8 lessons:
LESSON 1: INTRODUCTION TO TRAINING USERS WITH DISABILITIES ON adaptive
computer technology
LESSON 2 OVERVIEW OF PERSONAL COMPUTER HARDWARE PLATFORMS
LESSON 3 THE WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM AND ACCESSIBILITY
LESSON 4 TECHNOLOGY FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED CONSUMERS
LESSON 5 TECHNOLOGY FOR PERSONS WITH HEARING RELATED DISABILITIES
Lesson 6 ALTERNATIVE INPUT SYSTEMS
Lesson 7 Technology For Persons With Learning Disabilities
Lesson 8 Evaluations and Report Writing

You can see the entire syllabus, registration costs and an online
registration at:
http://easi.cc/workshops/train.htm

In 2000, EASI's CEO received, on behalf of EASI, the Francis Joseph
Campbell Award for EASI's years of work supporting librarians in their
providing support for their consumers with disabilities.  We believe that
our online courses and our Certificate in Accessible Information Technology
furthers this commitment.  See our 9 courses at:
http://easi.cc/workshops.htm

                                                                        ------------------------------
EASI Is the premiere provider of online courses on designing accessible
information technology:
(a package of five courses will earn the Certificate in Accessible
Information Technology)
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
** Also check our monthly interact Web conferences on accessible IT:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

                                                Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
CEO EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)
22196 Caminito Tasquillo
        Laguna Hills CA 92653
home: (949)  855-4852
        Cell: (949) 922-5992
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
                http://www.rit.edu/~nrcgsh

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<