AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:01:26 -0600
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Greetings All

MUMA (Madison urban music alliance) and the hip-hop community of
Madison are hosting the HIP-HOP FOR HUNGER BENEFIT & FESTIVAL

Sunday November 21, 1-3pm
@ the BOYS & GIRLS CLUB / 2001Taft St. Madison, WI.

Feeding our community for the Thanksgiving Holiday
and celebrating 30 years of hip-hop music and culture

Free event for all ages
Live entertainment & prize giveaways

Below is the official press release & donation letter.

We are current looking for performers and volunteers to help out at the
event.

If we have not contacted you and you would like to be apart of this
event, Please e-mail [log in to unmask] or call 608.213.6538 for
more information.

Thank you

Greg Doby
MUMU (Madison Urban Music Alliance)

November 8, 2004
RE:  2004 Hip-Hop for Hunger Thanksgiving Food Drive
*******************
This material is for immediate release. Please announce the following
not-for-profit event:

The M.U.M.A. (Madison Urban Music Alliance) organization is conducting
a fundraising campaign to feed one hundred (100) underprivileged Madison
families this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.  To reach this modest goal,
M.U.M.A. is requesting Madison's local area businesses to give back to
the community by donating various goods and services applicable to the
campaign. The benefits from this fundraiser will go towards a 'Hip-Hop
for Hunger Food Drive' scheduled for Sunday, November 21, 2004 at the
Madison Boys and Girls Club located at 2001 Taft Street, Madison WI,
53713.  The event is scheduled to start at 1:00 P.M. and run until 3:00
P.M.

For more information on this event, you can also call me at (608)
213-6538.
*****************
More about M.U.M.A.
It is the mission and philosophy of The Madison Urban Music Alliance
(MUMA) to unify, educate and engage the diverse urban music community in
the Greater Madison area through business development, community
involvement, political and social advocacy and youth mentoring.

MUMA membership consist of a collective of individuals and
organizations working to create a vehicle that will achieve its mission,
including, Community Activist, Artists, Promoters, Musicians, DJ's and
other urban music & Industry professionals.
***********

RE:  2004 Hip-Hop for Hunger Thanksgiving Food Drive

The economic and unemployment hardships within our community prohibit
many low-income families from celebrating Thanksgiving in a traditional
manner.  Unfortunately, the city of Madison does not possess enough
resources to amend these ubiquitous situations.  As a community, we must
recognized these situations and extend a supportive hand to help these
financially challenged families.

The M.U.M.A. (Madison Urban Music Alliance) organization is conducting
a fundraising campaign to feed one hundred (100) underprivileged Madison
families this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.  To reach this modest goal,
M.U.M.A. is requesting Madison's local area businesses and
organizations to give back to the community by donating various goods
and services applicable to the campaign.  The benefits from this
fundraiser will go towards a 'Hip-Hop for Hunger Food Drive'
scheduled for Sunday, November 21, 2004 at the Madison Boys and Girls
Club located at 2001 Taft Street, Madison WI, 53713.

The members of M.U.M.A. are working hard to make the Hip-Hop for Hunger
campaign a fun and informative event.  In addition to the food drive,
the occasion will also host various Madison organizations dedicated to
improving the health and financial well being of our community.
Furthermore, the event will have family activities and entertainment
performances by local Madison artists.  Through our efforts, M.U.M.A.
hopes to promote unity by bringing the citizens of Madison together to
celebrate Thanksgiving, hip-hop and the future of our community.

M.U.M.A. would like to extend a wonderful invitation of participation
to you and your business or organization in helping us in this worthy
and charitable cause. We would ask that all donated items be received
before Friday, November 19, 2004.  Please contact us at (608) 213-6538
with your questions and to make pick-up arrangements.

Thank you for your time and generosity.

Hedi Rudd
Equal Opportunity Analyst
Affirmative Action Department
Madison Municipal Bldg., Suite 130
215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53701-1626

608-266-6511 Phone
608-267-1142 Fax
http://www.ci.madison.wi.us/affact/AAIndex.html

"You keep plugging away--that's the way social change
takes place. That's the way every social change in history
has taken place: by a lot of people, who nobody ever heard
of, doing work."
Noam Chomsky