From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:18:31 -0800
  That initial boot information is all done in "VGA" text and graphic modes.
 At the point where it switches to the "main screen", the video switches to
the mode configured in the Display control panel applet.
  It may be that the configured mode is one that your video card supports,
but exceeds the capabilities of your monitor.  Or it may be that your
selected video driver is for some other kind of video card and doesn't work
with the one you actually have.

David Gillett

On 29 Dec 2004 at 13:24, Eric King wrote:

> MY computer works fine but, when it goes to the main screen on the monitor
> it gors out. When the computer first boots up you can see it on the computer
> but once it goes to the main screen the monitor light blinks or nothing
> comes up. The computer stays on though? What is the problem?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml