From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:47:46 -0800
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:59:33 -0700, "Dr. Ron Hoggan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Ken said:
>>Clearly, it would take a major depletion of available food to get the
>>majority of people to change their diet of the previous 2 million years.
>
>[Ron] We have thousands of years of history and religious indoctrination
>that favors eating grains. Most of the last four or five generations have
>been taught since kindergarten, complete with food guide pyramids on our
>classroom walls, that grains are very healthy foods.
>
>You are right that a few celebrities and their trainers are not going to
>change current eating habits, but I believe that major changes can be
>brought about through changing the propaganda machine. Schools might be a
>good place to start.

Educators - teachers and adminstrators - are just as brainwashed as everyone
else.   People are also resistant to believing that their favorite foods are
harmful - especially if they can take the path of least resistance, which is
believing that what has been conventional wisdom for the last 30 years is still
conventional wisdom.    And, many of the critical people are paid off by
agribusiness.

--
Cheers,

Ken