From:
Cas Kearse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 10:36:01 -0500
>From: William <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: cholesterol numbers
>Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:27:40 -0400
>
>On Fri, 13 May 2005 01:35:59 -0400, Mike Knickerbocker
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>  Things I'm considering: increasing the amount
>>of
>>Mono unsaturated fat I consume by adding more macadamia 's to my nut mix
>>and
>>more olive oil to various meals. Or perhaps I'll try cutting out coffee.

and only raw nuts -
>others
>contain rancid oils.
>Like that.
>It may be that we underestimate the damage done by rancid oils.
>
>William

I can't say regarding the importance of eliminating rancid oils ... but what
I can encourage you about is what I've started doing.  I got that book by
Sally Fallon that has been mentioned numerous times on this list and many
others (Nourishing traditions) and I saw the info on nuts.  I started
soaking the raw nuts and drying them - they are the BEST.  I've never cared
for storebought nuts and seeds they were salty and greasy and smelled
unappealing.  But these are so good my family will eat nothing else.  Yes
it's some bother to prepare them but not really.  It takes some time is all.
  Then I know my family is eating something that is really not bad for them.
  My husband likes them so much he is helping make them and my daughter too.
  It's not easy to find healthy snacks that a teenager likes and she has
never been a fan of nuts and seeds.  She takes them to school for breadfast,
snacks and sometimes even lunch.
best wishes on your mission,  Cas