From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 00:22:47 +0100
On Aug 21, 2004, at 2:35 pm, Kristina Carlton wrote:
> I was wondering about this in regard to people from Asia. They eat a
> lot of
> rice, which is a grain and not paleo, but aren't they generally
> healthy? I
> was eating rice protein shakes occasionally but noticed if I leave
> them out
> my skin clears up.
>
> Kristina

I think Asian (or at least Oriental) people are generally healthier
than us, but there are probably several reasons.  Rice is a less
reactive food than wheat or corn.  Asian people eat a wider variety of
fresh veg, more organ meat.  They don't use milk in their food, only
use soy as a condiment and consume far less sugar.  Really, compared to
a modern western diet, pretty much anything looks healthy.  On the
other hand, Asian people are far from super-beings- diabetes is still
common for a start.

Ashley