From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:59:22 -0500
Does anyone know if organic dry-roasted pumpkin seeds and almonds would
contain trans-fatty acids?  I ask because I was working late other day and
couldn't get any dinner so I went to a nearby healthfood store to pick up
some nuts because I was really starving. I picked up a bag of Eden Organic
dry roasted pumpkin seeds and almonds.  I don't often buy nuts anymore
because I lose all self-control with them -- but I only ate a handfuls from
each bag and gave the rest away.  They were delicious but I'm curious if
all the polyunsaturated oils (especially in the pumpkin seeds) get rancid
or form trans fatty acids when they are dry-roasted. In other words,did I
snack on a slurry of rancid or transfatty acids??Thoughts?