From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 08:09:14 -0600
Kristina Carlton wrote:

>My question is how damaging is rice protein? I know what wheat can do to
>your body, but what about the protein from rice. And how does a weekly 1-day
>fast fit in with paleo? I would like to continue but am concerned that in
>the long run the rice protein will cause other problems?! Also, because I
>have come to like it so much (just a change from meat and veggies), I tend
>to reach for it as a snack or 'dessert'.

Rice is generally a low-reactive type of grain; fewer people have
trouble with it than
with other grains.  I don't think there is a problem with an occasional
fast; certainly paleo people
had days that they went without food.  But why use the rice protein?
Why not just *fast*?
(no food)   I think you're getting signs that the rice protein is
becoming addictive to you, since
you're snacking on it.   If you drop the rice protein, you may need to
be careful on the veggie
juice to avoid carrot juice, very high in carbs, which will get your
insulin out of whack and
make for a difficult fast.

I have often gone a day without eating anything, just drinking water.
It's not so hard as you think.
And Muslims go through the month of Ramadan not eating anything during
the daylight hours, and
continuing their daily activities.

    Lynnet