ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:07:58 -0700
This came to me via Carol Pearson.  Very fitting for end of year.  I don't
often forward, and here I've forwarded twice in one day.  Smile.  This is,
however, good food for thought.

Do remember Carol in your prayers as she again has some sort of cold and
virus.  For her, this sort of thing is especially difficult for her ears,
throat and voice.  She's taking much time out for rest.

Vicki

WORD FOR TODAY by Bob Gass
Be fruitful and multiply 31 Dec 2004
''...GOD SAID...'BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY...'' GENESIS 1:28
It is miserable trying to play a part for which you are ill suited. It
is like walking in shoes that do not fit. So, this year ask yourself:
What am I good at? What do I enjoy doing most? What accomplishments make
me feel best? List five moments in your life when you were acutely aware
of this sensation. Does this reveal anything about your purpose? If
money were not a consideration, what would you want to do to fill your
days? How does this compare with where you are now? What one small step
can you take right now (one phone call made, one letter written, one
e-mail sent), to move toward your true calling? What have you learned
about your purpose through your failures? Are some areas clearly not a
part of your calling at this point? Who do you admire for the way they
have applied their talents? How are you like them? What can you learn
from them? How would you describe your vision for your life this year?
Five years from now? Ten? Who are the people in your life who really
"get" who you are? Have you asked them what they think your purpose
might be? Have they given indications of how they think you should use
your talents? If you could write you own obituary, what would you want
it to say? What would you like to be remembered for?
While we never arrive at our final destination in this lifetime, we can
get on the right path, with the right tools, making the right choices
along our way!
Bible in a year: Revelation 21-22
http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?Revelation+21-22
Printed copies of "The Word for Today" are available free from UCB,
PO Box 255, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 8YY, England. <
www.ucb.co.uk

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to churches and
Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per
year. Such excerpts must acknowledge: The Word for Today as the source,
give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional
are available.
--
The email version of Word for Today is posted by ChristianConnect.
ChristianConnect is not funded by any denomination or organisation.
Email:
Fax (US): 1 530 325 6040
Fax (UK): 44 (0)7050 693335
WWW:
http://www.christianconnect.org.uk
Donations:
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">https:[log in to unmask]
&item_name=ChristianConnect
To subscribe to this email list, send an email to
 with SUB WFT as the first line of the
message. (You will be asked to confirm your request.)
To unsubscribe from this email list, send an email to
 with UNSUB WFT as the first line of the
message.