ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:16:11 -0500
Hey you guys,
        Are you familiar with the Dr. Seuss story called "Green Eggs and
Ham?"  It's about a guy who swears up and down that he hates green eggs and
ham until he tries it and then, once he tries it, he loves it.  Well, I
think that that's what is happening with me and Eudora.  I'm still horrible
at it, but I do like it much better than Juno.  Thanks for hanging in there
with me and helping me out.  Good Grief, between Brad and John, I've got
homework assignments for a month, but, if i take all their suggestions, I
actually might get okay at this.  Oh yah, Helen has been a real dear
too.  I"m sorry for the oversight Helen.  I'll just blame my frazzled brane.
        God bless, you guys.  I don't know how much posting I'll be able to do for
the next few weeks.  Matt is home from college for vacation and he is
sleeping in the room with the computer and I want to let him sleep.
        Wow, has Matt grown up.  It is so nice to sit at the table after dinner
and have real deep philosophical and theological conversations with
him.  It is amazing how much he has matured after only one semester of
college.  It has been funny to watch him with Chris too.  Chris is glad
that Matt is home:  another ping pong partner, you know, but Matt can say
things about Chris's behavior that Chris, so far at least, is respecting,
that he would never take from us.
        Matt told me yesterday that he was having trouble deciding how to treat
Chris because he's so mad about Chris's idiocy.  I just told him to be a
big brother.  Play with him and foster your relationship with him.  Don't
feel any pressure about trying to get through to him.
        Today, Greg and I went out to buy the wood to begin to finish off Chris's
room down stairs because Chris complained to the probation officer that he
lives in a wear house.  Funny, when we offered him the fourth bedroom
upstairs, he said that he preferred the basement because there was more
room.  We had always planned on finishing it off anyway, but now we feel
the urge to move more quickly so that he can't cause more trouble for us
legally.  What a mess.  God is faithful, however.  He always is.  I wish
that that sounded more meaningful.  When I say that, I don't mean it as a
cliche.  I mean it as something that I am really experiencing.  A few years
ago, when we first moved to Maine, I felt so alone, but through that, I
learned how to appreciate God's presence whether people were around or not
and now, that sensitivity is really helping me through what is
becoming   one of the most difficult paths that the Lord and I have walked
together to date.  I'll try to share more, or explain better later when I
have more time to myself again.  In the mean time, God bless, or to quote
Tiny Tim, "God bless us, everyone!"
Kathy