ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:23:00 -0500
Very true. I heard a wise preacher say if we focus on the right in the
world, God's word, if we focus on truth, fallacy or untruth and deception
will stand out automatically and we'll not have to be concerned looking for
it coming out from the mirky cracks in life. A small simplistic analogy
might be dieting. If we focus on the negative, all we can't have anymore,
all the presumably not very tasty food, healthy food, we must eat, how far
will we get, how we deceive ourselves that we will see the truth, that
healthy stuff can indeed be tasty and good for you and focusing on that. If
you've ever gone a long time without eating sugar or dare I say chocolate,
and ate only fruits and veggies and healthy stuff, then bit a candy bar,
not only does it not taste as good as you once remembered but you
feel  rung out, and yet anxious at the same time, you feel as though you've
eaten something that didn't agree with you. You don't have to focus on what
was right and wrong at that point, as it stood out for itself. Consuming it
everyday however, you cannot tell it is not good for you because you've
become accustomed to it's affects on your life.

Forgive me chocolateers. Truth hurts lol.

Brad

Kathy Du Bois wrote:
>Hi Helen,
>Well, I just remember all the talk in the 90s about Clinton being the
>anti-Christ and, to be truthful, I'm just tired of all the guessing games
>that we seem to so easily fall into to try to figure out the last
>chapter.  When we focus on that, we are not focused on Christ and that is
>where we need to be concentrating.  God is in control, no matter who may
>think that he or she is.  I want to be with the one who is in the
>ultimate control and not waste energy on trying to figure out what he
>already knows.  I trust HIM  Thanks for the dittos.!
>Kathy

>Speed up your surfing with Juno SpeedBand.
>Now includes pop-up blocker!
>Only $14.95/ month - visit http://www.juno.com/surf to sign up today!

Brad

   Place your FREE classified ad at HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Northwestern Wisconsin and Greater Twin Cities classified connection!