BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Pre-patinated plastic glass block w/ coin slots <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:46:51 -0500
At least this bear has discerning taste...

- Pam

I wonder if the bear saw PINK BEARS during his stupor????
Duane

Subject: Bear guzzles 36 beers, passes out at campground

  Bear guzzles 36 beers, passes out at campground

Thursday, August 19, 2004 Posted: 4:23 PM EDT (2023 GMT)

SEATTLE, Washington (Reuters) -- A black bear was found passed out at a
campground in Washington state recently after guzzling down three dozen
cans of a local beer, a campground worker said on Wednesday.

"We noticed a bear sleeping on the common lawn and wondered what was
going on until we discovered that there were a lot of beer cans lying
around," said Lisa Broxson, a worker at the Baker Lake Resort, 80 miles
(129 kilometers) northeast of Seattle.

The hard-drinking bear, estimated to be about two years old, broke into
campers' coolers and, using his claws and teeth to open the cans,
swilled down the suds.

It turns out the bear was a bit of a beer sophisticate. He tried a
mass-market Busch beer, but switched to Rainier Beer, a local ale, and
stuck with it for his drinking binge.

Wildlife agents chased the bear away, but it returned the next day, said
Broxson.

They set a trap using as bait some doughnuts, honey and two cans of
Rainier Beer. It worked, and the bear was captured for relocation.

+---->>>All outgoing mail has been checked with Norton Antivirus and is
Virus Free!<<<----+