AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:34:24 -0500
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

From: Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]> 06/11/04 12:47PM >>>
It's been a busy week! Summer is trying to come, but is being drowned out - but in Madison fashion - we'll make do with what we have and that is a lot, meaning there is never a shortage of cool things to do!

1) This Saturday June 12th at 8:00 p.m. The Madison Center for Cultural and Creative Arts (MCCCA) is proud to present Atimevu.  Atimevu a fresh new group led by Edi Kwasi Gbordzi brings world beat and African Rhythms to Madison's new downtown hotspot for the arts.
Cover is $8 cash or checks only.

2) Urban Poetry Slam Friday June 18th. 8:00 P.M at Cafe Montmarte $3.00

3) Also at MCCCA Saturday June 19th at 8:00 p.m. you can see the creative genius himself...Hanah Jon Taylor and his Artet! Hanah Jon Taylor stands out as one of the strongest jazz improvisers of his generation having received critical acclaim both in the U.S. and abroad. His 30- year career, lofted from the Chicago avante-garde movement, has spanned from Ethnic Heritage Ensemble to the Miles Davis band, to his latest recording with bassist Malachi Favors. He will be joined by percussionist Vincent Davis and bassist Junious Paul. Cover is $10.00

Of course this weekend is the Marquette Waterfront Fest - I hear that Prole is playing tonight at the Crystal Corners - for more information visit http://www.marquette-neighborhood.org/waterfront2004.html for more information!

Have a great weekend!

Hedi