From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:25:40 -0800

Hello List Mates,

Has anyone ever made one of those "doll" type cakes with a GF mix?  It's the kind of cake that has half of a Barbie stuck in the top of it, and then you decorate the dress, etc.  I noticed the special pan for making this cake has some sort of heat conductor thingie that is inserted into the pan (which is shaped like a "dress" that stands upright) and is supposed to help the cake cook evenly.  If you have made this sort of cake in a GF version, what was the best method in terms of icing/decorating?

Any tips, tricks, tidbits, suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I have another cake option in mind, and this Barbie cake is actually my "plan B" but thought I should investigate it.

Thanks in Advance!
Melonie in Northern Virginia

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson