Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:18:26 -0500

I need to get some resources for a woman in Oklahoma. She has written to me
from a list for kids with Down's Syndrome. Her daughter was just diagnosed.
I have advised her to get herself and her son tested. She has suffered from
IBS for years and had never heard of celiac until after months of testing
her daughter's doctors have decided that her daughter has celiac.

Anyway, she is feeling overwhelmed. Are products easily available in OK?
Must you do most of you shopping online? If you can get a lot at stores,
which stores to you go to? What about Restaurant ideas (I apologize for not
having a city)?

This woman has told me that she does not cook a lot, but realizes she will
have to change. Do you have ideas for inexpensive convenience foods? She
works full time, her husband works longer hours and they have two small
children (under 4). I'm going suggest cooking in bulk and freezing. If
anyone else has ideas to help starting gluten free food prep, I'd appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Betty