Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:44:14 -0400

I was specifically looking for a major chain that hands you a gf menu, approved by something like GIG, and has a committment to training their staff. Thanks for all who replied.  Sorry...all of the people didn't tell me what part of the country they live in,  so I hope you recognize these if they're in your neck of the woods. Here is what I've received so far. While this is nice, it looks like we've got work to do. Maybe it'll be easier as the new labeling law becomes more widespread...so chefs will be more aware of ingredients. Lin

Texas Roadhouse in KC has one.  So does The Fortune Wok.

Bonefish Grill-also owned by the Outback group.  Very delicious. (Sender was from NC)

Austin Grill (it's a DC area chain) has one.  They also have a great website
with lots of recipes (at the bottom of the homepage), some gf and some that
could easily be modified - www.austingrill.com.   owned by Chili's

Locally here in the southwest (not nationwide) there is a chain called
Z-tejas.  They have a GF menu.

Pei Wei Asian Diner (affiliated with PF Changs) has a GF menu if you ask at
the cashier station.  Z'Tejas and Thaifoon, Taste of Asia also have gluten free
menus onsite.  I know all of these restaurants have sites in S. California, Pei Wei Asian Diner (affiliated with PF Changs) has a GF menu if you ask at
the cashier station.

Z'Tejas and Thaifoon, Taste of Asia also have gluten free
menus onsite.  I know all of these restaurants have sites in S. California,
but I don't know where else in the country.  Enjoy!
(This was from someone with the San Diego group:
www.glutenfreeinsd.com )

Charlie Brown's Restaurant has a GF list on their web site (plus a low carb
and low cholesterol info.) They are in the NY, NJ and PA area. Here is the
link: http://www.charliebrowns.com/index2.htm
My experience was that despite having the GF items, the staff wasn't aware
of this information. We educated them. I have eaten there several times and
stick to basic and plain type food. Generally steakhouses have several GF
items.

Bennigans low carb menu is also gluten free.     (But does it have a gf menu? I've had difficulty getting teenage waitstaff at Bennigans to understand my needs. Lin)

I don't know where you are writing from, but I had a surprising experience
at Molly Woo's in Columbus, Ohio.  I asked the manager if he was familiar
with ingredients and said I couldn't eat wheat.  He said they had a
gluten-free menu!  Granted, it was limited, but it was a regular, laminated
sheet.  I ate sweet-sour chicken for the first time in 5 years;  the chicken
was "breaded" in potato starch. My son (who lives in Columbus) said it was part of the Cameron Mitchell chain of restaurants in Columbus.  They have a website,
www.cameronmitchell.com.