From:
LynnRae Ries <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LynnRae Ries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:27:09 -0500

Hello Everyone. I just returned to Phx after visiting the Great Minnesota
State Fair - a tradition in my family.
  We ate at St. Bernards, the Hamline Inn and Schumakers,with great
results,  all within the state fair. Everyone was so accommodating by
bringing out cans and packages so I could read the labels. St. Bernard's
made my turkey breast special - even though it slowed down the production
line. Then he introduced me to one of their members who has gluten
intolerance.
  In the Food Building, one booth brought out the cans for the potato skin
ingredients. Both the sour cream and the cheese sauce had wheat in them.
He said I was the second person that day who could not eat the potato
skins due to gluten.
Of course the Tom Thumb donuts were taboo - even though they were my pre-
diagnosis favorite, I kept thinking about all the calories I was not
putting on since I couldn't have them.
  There are 3 or 4 booths with fresh fruit and vegetables.
  so go to the fair and have a great time. LynnRae www.whatnowheat.com