From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 09:00:20 -0500
Wayne > how do you estimate your macronutrient levels?  Do you weigh your portions and compare charts?

Like Thomas, I've never been very worried about calorie counting, portion weighing, that sort of thing.  But since I've become a Rosedale disciple of sorts I HAVE started paying attention to the protein.  I am now able to lose that "last five pounds" at will by doing so.  Rosedale says that you should have three or four servings of protein a day, preferably fish or chicken.  Each serving is about the size of a pack of cards.  Zero carbs and make up the rest of your calories with moderate sat fat and lots of mono and polyunsaturated fats.  Also get as many high fiber vegetables in there as you can.  Nuts in moderation are good too.  Never felt better but the proof will be when I get my next blood glucose reading back.  Let's see if the avoidance of extra protein doesn't get that figure out of the 90's and down into a healthier range.  The rest of my lipids: cholesterol, triglycerides have been very very good since I started this diet.