ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:46:30 -0500
Mom is  going to go home tomorrow,  just home, not to a drug rehab.  My Dad
says  he can't find a place that is covered by insurance, or something like
the doctor has to say she needs to go before the insurance company will say
what rehab centers they may cover! and besides, she is only taking  one
nerve pill a day, one pain pill and one muscle relaxer!
I am concerned, because Mom has been overusing  all these type medications
since early 1980's, how can one get over a 25 year adiction in three weeks.
Is this not a way of just smoothing things over, of once again giving in to
what Mom wants, I am sure she wants to go home,  but I am so concerned that
once home with out the skills to  keep from wanting the drugs again, she
will simply do whatever to get them again.  I want to think she would not
take medications atain, she almost died! but what if she doesn't!
I suppose Dad is concerned that the  Family Childrens Service might find out
and they would loose my sisters children...
I can do nothing about any of this, only  stand by and watch, and pray that
better sende prevails, I even asked Dad about an out patient treatment
program, but he says she is doing so much better now!
I don't  know a lot about drug adiction but I don't think it is easy to
overcome!

Just wanted to  let you all know what was happening,
Mom is using a walker now, and  is doing exercises each day to strengthen
her hands, they said she  had a  heartattack but her heart looks good with
no dammage!

Rhonda