From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:25:22 -0400
You may be right.  I didn't follow it all that closely.
The bottom line is still basically the same though....

users had to sue the company due to poor product support.

Interestingly enough, there was a recent article in Business
Week on-line (or maybe PC Week on-line) about IOMega and the
ZIP problems.  I can't quote from the article since I've deleted
it, but I believe the basic gist of it goes something like this...

The lack of adequate support for the ZIP drive was a deliberate
and calculated decision.  The decision was made at approximately
the same time that IOMega discovered that they were receiving
substandard parts from some of their vendors.  And knowing the
parts were out of spec, they continued to manufacture and market
the drive presumably because they didn't want a competitor to beat
them to market with a similar product.

According to IOMega, the man responsible for whole project is no
longer with the company.

I suppose that's supposed to make us feel better... but the fact
is, that the company went along with that gentleman's decision.

Jim Meagher
Micro Solutions Consulting    Member of the HTML Writers Guild & the
[log in to unmask]              International Web Masters Association