From:
Ilana King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:51:14 +0100
I have been unsuccesful in making my own mayo as suggested in the Paleo DIet book and was wondering what everyone thought of the Hellmans Mayo.  I have been on Paleo eating for one week and have so far just made my own salad dressings from oils and garlic and this has been fine, but I plan to have tuna fish tomorow (I know this is not strictly paleo either) and want mayo with it.  I checked the ingredients and the primary ones seem fine (oil, water, egg).  The main problem seems to be that it has a bit of vinager and sugar in it.  I know it is a processed food, but does anyone else eat it?  I have cut dairy, but am finding living without mayo hard.

ILana