From:
Michael Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:37:54 -0400
Lynn,

When I began eating Paleo I ate pounds of meat and sometimes just suet. This
curbed my cravings and I lost 30 lbs. Then I started to gain weight so I had
to cut calories.

I believe that after eating a carb rich junk food diet for my whole life my
body couldn't use all the paleo food and meat. It couldn't extract all the
calories because the enzymes just were not there to do it. So I lost weight
eating a lot of calories.

After about 3 months, when my body had adjusted to paleo eating and I had
developed the enzymes to extract all the calories from the paleo food and I
started to gain weight. So I cut calories.

I say that you should start the paleo way by curbing your cravings
completely and then adjust the diet and calories according to your needs
after you get used to it.

Michael