From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:24:33 +0200
>I really really want to start eating organ meats as
> they are SO high in nutrients.  Does anyone have any
> good recipes for cooking them?  I remember absolutely
> HATING liver as a child, but maybe with a good recipe
> and my matured palate I'll be able to stomach it.

The important thing with liver is not to fry it for too long time. Calf
liver is the best - don't try pigs liver -it gets rather tough. Nice spicing
is garlic, parsley, thyme. Slice the liver in thin slices, fry them in
"middle" heat for a short time and eat immediately. Fried onions and
mushrooms are nice with it. And why not a fruit sallad to go with it. I
prefer my liver slices a bit pink in the middle.

Minced liver, porc, some finely chopped onion, egg and spices that you like
also make very nice patties. The taste of liver almost drowns in the rest of
the ingredients.

Patées are nice. Serve with raspberry- or peach sauce and some slices of
orange.
Eva