Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:17:39 +0000
Interesting, I only recently discovered that Mike and Ray Mentzer had died in 2001, at ages 49 and 47 respectively (and within 2 days of each other!).  As you may or may not know, the Mentzers were huge promoters of high intensity exercise.  I'm assuming they were also heavy steroid users in their younger days, it seems likely that the roids contributed to their early demise (Ray was on dialysis when he died).

OTOH, now I'm wondering if high intensity weight training is too hard on the heart?  You could argue that the kind of things Mentzer promotes are not Paleo/natural.

Alan Jones
Garland, TX