ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:37:31 -0500
A friend sent me these:
"Thank God--every morning when you get up--that you have something
to do which must be done, whether you like it or not. Being forced
to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you a hundred
virtues which the idle never know."
~ Charles Kingsley ~

"No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks."
~ Unknown ~

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the
charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~ Marcel Proust ~

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.
These are but trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's
pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."
~ Joseph Addison ~

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into
enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order,
confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into
a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past,
brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
~ Melody Beattie ~

"Blessed are those that can give without remembering and receive
without forgetting."
~ Author Unknown ~

"If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation,
you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with
gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul."
~ Rabbi Harold Kushner ~

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has
not, but rejoices for those which he has."
~ Epictetus ~

"The sun was shining in my eyes, and I could barely see
To do the necessary task that was allotted me.
Resentment of the vivid glow, I started to complain--
When all at once upon the air I heard the blindman's cane."
~ Earl Musselman ~

"There is a calmness to a life lived in Gratitude, a quiet joy."
~ Ralph H. Blum ~ ( American Author )

"You simply will not be the same person two months from now after
consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in
your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law:
the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you."
~ Sarah Ban Breathnach ~
Simple Abundance

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest
appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy ~

"A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this
world."
~ Joseph Addison ~

"To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is
generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven."
~ Johannes A. Gaertner ~

"To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take
nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind that
will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you is a
matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good,
which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off the word
or action for the expression of gratitude."
~ Albert Schweitzer ~

"Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows
nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement - and we
will make the goal."
~ Jerome P. Fleishman ~

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of
all the others."
~ Cicero ~

"Every time we remember to say "thank you", we experience nothing
less than heaven on earth."
~ Sarah Ban Breathnach ~

"Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For
on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of
appreciation, our neighbors build their philosophy of life."
~ A. J. Cronin ~

"Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart."
~ Seneca ~

"True thanksgiving means that we need to thank God for what He has
done for us, and not to tell Him what we have done for Him."
~ George R. Hendrick ~

"Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul."
~ Henry Ward Beecher ~

"Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude.
Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness.
Thankfulness may consist merely of words.
Gratitude is shown in acts."
~ David O. McKay ~

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you,
it will be enough."

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/P4SolB/TM