ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:25:03 -0500
How awesome it is to think, there was nothing, darkness, and in to this
nothingness came a word; and all was changed forever.

I like to think ofthe old childhood saying: sticks and stones may break my
bones,
but, words can never hurt me!
If only that were true.
Our words often instead of creating something where there was nothing, break
down what already is.  With out thought, we say "just what is on our minds",
we areasertive, and we will not be seen as a doormat, so, we say what we
mean, forgetting that once spoken, words can never, ever, be taken back,
they can never be put in to a place where no harm can come from them.
If spoken over, and over again, words can become a sort of truth whether or
not they are indeed true.
God uses His word to create, to heal, to forgive, to encourage, and to give
love and comfort.
Life has its problems, and it is awesome to see, that a few words can give
comfort, even though the problems still exist.
I love You, I believe in You, I understand, I am on your side, I forgive
you,  these are words that are tools of love.

Rhonda