AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VERA R CROWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:30:29 -0600
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

You're right.  That is a very complex question. But people have been
throwing that phrase around for a couple of years now. How do we respect
Osama? He, I believe, has stated on his latest video (just an aside,
he's made so many videos now, he should be on MTV) that if we leave
Al-Qaeda alone, he'll leave us alone (because his leaders are being
killed or arrested). America rarely performs any military action
'alone'. There are other countries with us now. We are not alone.

Peace is not the absence of war. You can only have real and lasting
peace when you vanquish your enemies and make certain they realize that
it is sheer folly to come up against you again. By the way, this is true
in the natural realm and in the spiritual realms as well.

Here's a couple of questions: Has Russia attempted to put missiles in
Cuba again? No. Is Europe pretty peaceful now? Yes. There hasn't been a
real war in Europe since the end of WWII.  They sleep well. They also
know that we (and our allies) would be extremely disrespectful to any
attempts to walk over them as they allowed Hitler to do.  Did their
acquiesence help them? No. Did it prevent killing? Ask Austria. They
made peace with Hitler. No, it didn't. America fought that war on two
fronts.

Should we respect the leaders of the Sudan and allow them to do or not
do whatever they like and say nothing? What about N. Korea, Iran?
Obviously, the views and opinions of other coutries is important.  If
the reverse were true, our leader and his cabinet would never speak to
any of them regarding any issues. Listening to and understanding their
concerns does not mean you are going to do what they want, especially
when it concerns the well-being and longevity of others and their
freedom, not just Americans.  Freedom is not free.  Somebody has to pay
for it.