Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:40:44 -0500

I have received many replies regarding this store - seems the store
manager in Manchester CT might have given me misinformation.  I will
post a few of the many responses - but many of you checked their website
and said they post a list of GF products.  The store manager read me all
their ingredients i.e. milk, sugar, FLOUR...etc for the two flavors I
checked  french vanilla and strawberry - while many of you say this is
wrong - he was reading out of the ingredient book - so I will email the
company and ask them directly.  Many of also said there is cross
contamination as they put all ice cream, and toppings on the same stone
without cleaning between orders.
If I find out anything different about their ice cream - I will addend
this posting.  This is a choice you will need to make individually - for
me - I'll ask the company since their manager might have been
misinformed.
  Thank you all for your responses.
-----------------
Look at their web site under frequently asked questions.  They have a
statement regarding gluten on it.  Their ice cream does not contain
flour unless you get the cake batter flavor.  As long as you don't let
them mix in anything their ice cream is fine.  Last time I was there
they were surprised that I didn't want a mix in.  I explained that I
couldn't have gluten so they gladly just sprinkled a topping on my ice
cream for me.

This comes from their website--www.coldstonecreamery.com Look under FAQ,
Nutritional...Bev in Milwaukee

Do Cold Stone Creamery products contain Gluten?
Our Cake BatterT Ice Cream is the only ice cream flavor that contains
Gluten. Our frozen yogurt and Italian Sorbets do not contain glutens.
Some mix-ins do have glutens such as brownies, graham cracker, cookie
dough, OreosR, Kit KatR and any candies that have a flour component to
them.  Although we take precautions by cleaning the mixing stone often,
we cannot guarantee that residual products containing glutens will not
accidentally be mixed into your ice cream.  In addition, our caramel and
fudge sauces contain oat flour, which may affect some people.

Deborah,

Those people don't know how to read their ingredients list, or are
afraid
of your considering them liable if you become ill after eating their ice

cream. This is from the FAQ on the Cold Stone Creamery web site
<www.coldstonecreamery.com>:

The information you posted about their ice cream is not correct,
according to the company's web site.  Please post a clarification.

Thanks.

Mike Savett

http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/secondary/faq.asp?id=4

On Coldstone's website in the FAQ section they list their products that
are
GF.  It is quite contradictory from what you were told, I believe.  If
you find
out what is going on, please let us all know!