From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:52:35 -0400

Has anyone had success with celiac at a family-friendly resort in the Northeastern US (NY, Conn., MA., NJ, PA, MD)?
I live in southern New Jersey (closer to Philadelphia, PA, in reality) and want to sponsor a family vacation next August, for my husband and I, three sons and their wives/girlfriends, and an 8 year old.
I'm looking for something with lots of activities (watersports, hiking, kid-friendly sightseeing, etc., within 2-4 hours of driving distance from NYC or Phila., but mostly that has been receptive to gluten-free food, for me, since I'm looking at a 4-5 day stay.
I like rural areas, but that gives us less options for restaurant dining.

I've done an online search for resorts, but I'm hoping some of you have had experience and can recommend something. I thought it would be good to ask now, while families are more likely taking vacations.

I once heard of a dude ranch that was gf, but it wasn't in this area, and I don't want to restrict us to just horses.

Thanks much.
Lin