From:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Jamron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:30:25 -0500

I keep seeing the same types of posts on the List concerning multiple food
allergies and joint or muscle pains.  I guess newcomers to the List and
celiac disease keep running into these problems with the same questions
over and over again.  It has taken years for celiac disease to get due
notice from the medical profession.  Now it seems high time that
hypochlorhydria and "leaky gut" become a recognized and routine part of
celiac disease diagnosis and treatment.  Hypochlorydria (low stomach acid)
and "leaky gut" are probably the chief causes of multiple allergies and
have many times been discussed on this List (checkout the archives).  In
addition, I have come to believe that the thymus gland, impaired by
malabsorption, may also play a significant role in the acquisition of
allergies.  Hypochlorhydria and "leaky gut" can also lead to those joint
and muscle pains characteristic of fibromyalgia as the immune system
responds to foreign proteins which have "leaked" into the bloodstream
forming "circulating immune complexes" which settle into joints and tissues
causing inflammation and pain.  Here is some suggested reading on these
subjects:

Allergies
http://www.naturaltherapycenter.com/HEALTH%20CONCERNS/allergies/

Leaky Gut Syndrome (LGS)
Origins, Effects and Therapies
http://www.johnsondrugs.com/pdf/gut.pdf

Hypochlorhydria
by Ron Kennedy, M.D., Santa Rosa, California
http://www.medical-library.net/sites/_hypochlorhydria.html

Theory of Aging - Part I & II
Jonathan V. Wright, M.D.
http://www.tahoma-clinic.com/aging.shtml